Larger aquarium build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ewokbuns

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need ideas. I have a 10 gal tank, however I want to get a bigger one. Any ideas for fish, layout, size ect.

C'mon now. You have to have some idea about a tank size. Okay....depending on your dedication to our hobby, maybe a 20g would be the next step up. I think bigger is always better, however. If you can afford the initial cost and have enough space, a 55 or larger would be my suggestion. Start with the tank size. After that, inspiration will come to you.

C'mon now. You have to have some idea about a tank size. Okay....depending on your dedication to our hobby, maybe a 20g would be the next step up. I think bigger is always better, however. If you can afford the initial cost and have enough space, a 55 or larger would be my suggestion. Start with the tank size. After that, inspiration will come to you.

Okay, yeah I have room for a 55 and I also have the money. Just need some inspiration is all.

I started with a 30. It's boring. I'm working on a 90 now. Soooooooooooooo much cooler fish wise and decoration/looks wise. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388004316.246780.jpghalf way done

Okay, yeah I have room for a 55 and I also have the money. Just need some inspiration is all.

If you have room for the 55, you only need another 6" of depth to accommodate the 75. Go with the absolute biggest tank, you can fit in, and have the funds to equip. You'll skip the small to large tank train, that lots of people take!! (y)

If you have room for the 55, you only need another 6" of depth to accommodate the 75. Go with the absolute biggest tank, you can fit in, and have the funds to equip. You'll skip the small to large tank train, that lots of people take!! (y)

That's what I did. I started with a 3 gallon global fish tank and my friend gave me a twenty gallon I was gonna use but watching the videos i went ahead and got the biggest tank i have space for. So I bought a 56 gallon column tank

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I personally don't like standard tanks much, usually too long not enough depth. Sure a 55 is 4 feet but only 1 foot wide. Means you can't get much bigger fish anyway.

I just got a 35 built. 60x45x50cm.

Look at a 40g breeder. Great size for scaping options with good surface area and easier to get enough light for plants. One possibility. OS.

Back
Top Bottom