Last hope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
ALright this is the last chance to save him.he's then situation.5 gallon tank all levels are great.four fish 2 platys one gourami one oto..just got a new fish kahuli loach.hours after putting him in one platy started flipping sideways won't eat...he is NOT bloated...the other platy pooped white...I treated with Epsom salt and parasite medication..one platy who was pooping white is getting better I think...the other is still sideways ..treated them 3 hours ago..what's wrong

Well the new fish you added might have had a parasite and it was introduced to your platys. The rest most likely have it but don't show it yet. This is the most plausible IMO.
Btw you might be a bit over stocked there, if you did mean 5 gallons, just advising.

Yeah, unfortunately there are a few options here. He may be having issues from stress, parasites, or something.
Parasiye meds should never be used unless you are sure what the parasite is. Also, otos and kuhlis are suseptable to issues from the parasite meds.
Hopefully your platy is ok, but I unfortunately have to tell you that it doen't sound good.
Your tank has some stocking issues that are probably causing stress. Stress lowers a fish's immune system. Are you able to return the kuhli? That would be a good start since he could have brought something bad in with him that could also affect the other fish. Let us know how the platy is doing. :)

ALright this is the last chance to save him.he's then situation.5 gallon tank all levels are great.four fish 2 platys one gourami one oto..just got a new fish kahuli loach.hours after putting him in one platy started flipping sideways won't eat...he is NOT bloated...the other platy pooped white...I treated with Epsom salt and parasite medication..one platy who was pooping white is getting better I think...the other is still sideways ..treated them 3 hours ago..what's wrong
When you say, "all levels are great", what are they? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Temperature, and are you using strips or liquid tests? How much salt have you put in? What parasite medication are you using and how much?

Back
Top Bottom