Led for nano tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HandSomeDevil13

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm thinking about buying a second led for my 5 gallon and was wondering what brand I should buy?
I'm looking for something that will help low/mid light plants like Val's and Monte Carlo. So any suggestions on a good led?

And does anyone have any experience with the LEDs that they sell on eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you think the original finnex fugeray would work? I'm looking for something to keep low light plants alive, the only mid light plant would be Monte Carlo

Absolutely. Assuming your 5 gallon is 16" in length you could purchase the Fugeray or the Planted Plus.

Yes it's 16 in length. Would co2 be necessary in a mid light planted tank like this? Or can I get away with not Dosing any co2?

You might need CO2. If you experience an algae out break consider Metricide14. It is less expensive and more concentrated than Excel. If I remember correctly, 0.6 ml of metricide = 1 ml of Excel. Look around on the internet retailers for prices.

The only reason I'm hesitant with liquid co2 is because I've heard it melts Val's

I've been using a cheap Mingdak (Chinese) LED bar on my 5.5. Hornwort, Java moss, java fern and red dwarf lily have all done well. I don't use ferts or any co2. Going to have to skim off more duckweed soon, too. It's gone layered again. :(

Is it a nano tank? Are you using some sort of special substrate?

Back
Top Bottom