led light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathanden

Aquarium Advice Freak
where is a cheap place to find a 6ft long led fixture online or instructions on how to make them

just to light the tank I wouldn't mind having some uv for my cichlids

No black light

Right now i have a 48inch led fixture with a colour max and 2 white light

But iam upgrading to a 6ft tank would like to mimic the same

No black light

Right now i have a 48inch led fixture with a colour max and 2 white light

But iam upgrading to a 6ft tank would like to mimic the same
You could look into those RGB 5050 5mtrs LED lights on Ebay. They come on a roll. Very cheap but do the job. I have them on my 55g and I'm very happy with them....

could u show me you mounted them
I mounted them inside my hood. Not the tidiest of finishes(wires) but I was still doing it at 1am Christmas eve last year. Never got round to tidying them properly:hide:. You can buy connectors on Ebay for easy install. They have a strong adhesive on the back, so they will stick to anything, wood, plastic etc. The are RGB, Red, Green, Blue. They are multi-coloured, also dimmable, have a remote and the strip can be cut to length. I used the full 5mtr roll here.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 57
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 62
More Pics.....

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 68
Question why is there red in the middle of each strip? Did u do that purposely to act as a colour max bulb

That would do the job perfectly. The 5mtr roll of RGB only costs about $30-$40.....

Question why is there red in the middle of each strip? Did u do that purposely to act as a colour max bulb
No!!. It's because where I soldered the wires, one is very slightly touching another. Pure accident and I couldn't be bothered re-soldering them again...lol. Might be replacing them soon with something similar you found on Ebay. I plan on removing the hood....
You don't notice this when the lids closed. The connectors would prevent this from happening. Only discovered the connectors AFTER I soldered everything!!!

lmao its all good I think I might go with the ebay set up cuz I don't have a hood

Back
Top Bottom