LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brad15

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a new 38 gallon setup with a flourescent light. Tank looked great when first set up. Nice and bright and clean. Now after roughly 2 months it looks yellowish to me. Anyone have led lights on their tanks and if so is it a night and day difference with flourescent? Any specific, affordable brand?

I have LEDS they are pretty cool but kinda expensive for me. The yellowish make sure it isnt your water. I have florescent lights but they don't make the water yellow or nothing bad. I don't know about day and night difference with fluorescent. What kind of florescent??

What kind? Don't know. Tank came with hood and light so... Don't think its the water. Tank is now cycled but am dealing with a bout of Ich. Using heat and salt and am doing 25% daily water changes so if anything water should be pretty clear.

brad15 said:
What kind? Don't know. Tank came with hood and light so... Don't think its the water. Tank is now cycled but am dealing with a bout of Ich. Using heat and salt and am doing 25% daily water changes so if anything water should be pretty clear.

You can look at the bulb to see what kind most of the time print will be at end of bulb. Do you have a test kit? If not I would get an API test kit. Do you have sand?? My fluorescents never do this my brothers did once but because of dirty water.

Have an api and test pretty much everyday cuz I worry. The bulb is a t8 full daylight spectrum. Yes I have sand. It's I guess natural color sand. Will led's give a brighter white?

I have a daylight spectrum light, and it dosent look yellow at all. Does the light have a plastic cover or something that could be dirty?

No cover on it and the hood is clean of algae or gunk so maybe its just me. T5? Is that a different bulb or ballast? Go Giants!!!

Yes! 49ers have no idea what is coming. Eli is going to go OFF! CCCCRRRRUUUUUZZZZZ!!!

T5ho is a whole new fixture. It's an alterativeto LEDs just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom