LED lights at night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeonRaccoon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I have a top fin led light strip 6 inches that changes color and bubbles. I was wondering if I would need to turn the lights off at night for my fish to sleep or if I can keep it on?

We'll I have live plants in my tank and I wasn't too worried about algae I was more worried about the fish.

Put your fish to sleep, they need to rest. Or you could eventually stress them out to death. From what I've heard, I know my rainbow fish continue to swim with the lights off so they could prob go all night but everything needs some time to sleep/rest.

The color changing LED strips are completely safe to leave on constantly. I have a larger one in my 75 gallon tank and another in my 36 bowfront. The 75 gallon one has been running with it for 2 years with zero adverse affect on the fish. Some of my loaches actually sleep on top of them at night, so I think that's a fairly good indication that it's safe ;)

Ok thanks I have actually seen a couple of my fish sleep under it and some would be moving around whenever I looked. I guess I'll leave it on at night because during the day I can't even see it because my hood light is so bright.

Back
Top Bottom