Leopard Ctenopoma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BL1ND1ND3X

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,
I have had my eye on the leopard ctenopoma for a very long time.
IMPORTANT: I have a 3 foot 60 gallon tank is this ok. I did some research and it said minimum tank size is a 50 but I couldn't find the minimum length.
And my second question is if I can have this fish are there any tank mates that you guys can suggest?
Thank everyone for your help!

For tankmates,I would advise an African butterflyfish or an African knife fish

I have a Leopard Ctenepoma for about 2 1/2 months now. At first he was pretty shy especially at feeding time but he's really coming into his own now. Very cool fish.
I have him in a 36 gal bow front with (3) Dennison Barbs (1) Pearl Gourami (3) Sunburst Wagtail Platies (3) Julii Corycats and he's doing just fine

It will be fine in a 3 foot tank. They are not very active, they float around a lot and just hang out. They grow to about 6" MAX, but their mouths get HUGE. They can suck up fish that are almost the same size as them, they have a very cool suction/sucking feeding method. They can be tough to break in with prepared foods. Mine would only eat baby ghost shrimp, and bloodworms. They really should be housed with anything under 4". They do great in semi-aggressive setups. They are an awesome fish. Goodluck.

It will be fine in a 3 foot tank. They are not very active, they float around a lot and just hang out. They grow to about 6" MAX, but their mouths get HUGE. They can suck up fish that are almost the same size as them, they have a very cool suction/sucking feeding method. They can be tough to break in with prepared foods. Mine would only eat baby ghost shrimp, and bloodworms. They really should be housed with anything under 4". They do great in semi-aggressive setups. They are an awesome fish. Goodluck.

Thanks man right now I have harlequin Rasboras and Rummynose tetras.
Do you think there is any chance I can get one with them if I get the leopard ctenopoma as a baby?
I will get rid of the fish if need be but maybe if it is raised with the fish?
Probably not but I thought I'd ask
Thanks

99.9% no. They are a predator. If it fits, it will eat. Both rummy and rasboras will be lunch and dinner.

Haha neons? Leopards aren't semi-aggressive, they are killing machines.

Like the predator description too NYGiants!

I think it would be cool if you did a Zaire river biotope. Maybe jeweled cichlids and/or Congo tetras a knife fish would be pretty neat too.

Back
Top Bottom