Lesson learned with shrimps and fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phatpaul

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thought i would put this on here as people always ask what good tank mates are for shrimps(me included) my main tank had a colony of around 50 cherry shrimps, tank mates where neons, ember tetras, bn plecos, corys and gb rams. They have been together for around 4 months and the shrimps where doing great, shedding there skins and breeding well(i only started with 15 lol) so my point is i was at the local fish shop last week and my mrs spotted a absolutly lovely pair of golden rams(marked at £9 a pair) which is abnormally cheap around my area. Any i gave in and let my mrs buy them lol( BIIIIG MISTAKE) they were in the tank for 36 hours and my cherry shrimps had suddenly dwindled down to 10. So even though i had a pair of rams which happerly lived with my cherrys for months the new rams thought there were tasty (expensive) snacks. So basically you can never tell with some fish.
So my £9 pair of rams turned out to be £99 as i had to make the decsion to buy a fluval ebi(shrimp) tank to rehome the remaing 8 cherrys

Attachments

• image-471991719.jpg
    image-471991719.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 73
Sorry to hear about your shrimp but you are right, you never know what fish are going to do. I've been trying to talk my S.O. into getting some RCS to put in our 10g with the betta, but she does not like shrimp.

Hi a hard lesson:nono: I have found similar scenarios when i have added new fish to some of my set ups,luckily not as devastating as you have experienced:( Good luck for the remaining shrimps(y)

Back
Top Bottom