Let's talk cool fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjcballa22

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm wondering what kind of cool peaceful/semi-aggressive fish you have/had in you tank(s). I get bored of seeing the same fish sold in chain and most LFS like mollies, danios, tetras, etc. Is there something cool like a peacock gudgeon or small badis or dwarf flounder that I may not know about. Please feel free to share because I'd love to make cool additions or motivate me to set up a second tank. Hard to find or uncommon fish please or whatever you feel is coolest in your opinion. Post away fellas!

Orange spotless lyretail killifish

75748-albums12252-picture59788.jpg

The red version of this fish is really nice as well. It's hard to find though and can be expensive.

I really enjoy my clown killies. I also wish I could get my hands on a red eyed puffer or an Amazon puffer.

I wish I had pics but African leaf fish (NOT the bush fish you can get a petsmart)

I'm enjoying the pictures and stories so far. I've seen the freshwater barracuda in a LFS but no way on earth would I be able to keep that bad boy.

Well, I happen to enjoy the German blue ram for its vibrant colors. Also, pea puffers caught my interest when I spotted them in a walmart on a road trip. Like no LFS has them but this Walmart out of nowhere does? ��

I'm enjoying the pictures and stories so far. I've seen the freshwater barracuda in a LFS but no way on earth would I be able to keep that bad boy. Well, I happen to enjoy the German blue ram for its vibrant colors. Also, pea puffers caught my interest when I spotted them in a walmart on a road trip. Like no LFS has them but this Walmart out of nowhere does?

If you were ever interested in a pictus, I have only found them at Walmart.

Just an FYI, but it appears the species of BB Goby you have is not a true FW BBG. Generally the BB's sold as FW are actually brackish. *Usually*, they will be ok in Freshwater, but may have a shortened lifespan of health problems when kept in fresh.

Just an FYI, but it appears the species of BB Goby you have is not a true FW BBG. Generally the BB's sold as FW are actually brackish. *Usually*, they will be ok in Freshwater, but may have a shortened lifespan of health problems when kept in fresh.

I purchased them from a guy who's been in the business a while and he assured me they were the breed that lives well in freshwater. He's been breeding them for a good few years so I'm hoping that's true! Thanks for the heads up though.

I haven't got any pics at the mo ( soon as the phone comes out he's off. Lol) but I love my black ghost knife fish :)

I really enjoy watching my kribensis. Great coloring and lots of personality!

the bumblebee goby that krissy has is true freshwater. those that are brackish species have black spot on them and the black bands dont reach to the bottom of the body. the one that krissy has does not have any characteristics of the brackish bumblebee goby.

Does the bumble bee goby do well with a community setting especially shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom