Life of a UV sterilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am a big big supporter of using a UV filter as a must. However, now almost all my local LFS has brands which have irreplaceable lights. I read that after a while the UV lights need to be clean or replaced because they lose there efficiency with time.

So if I have to replace a UV filter, how many months after shall I replace?

Was going to say the same from memory. 6 months fairly continuous use. 12 months if run part of the day (I used to run mine 10 hrs a day when something else came on using timers). The UV part had to be replaced but kept the powerhead.

I believe 6 month that's what the local fs told me anyway...

Was going to say the same from memory. 6 months fairly continuous use. 12 months if run part of the day (I used to run mine 10 hrs a day when something else came on using timers). The UV part had to be replaced but kept the powerhead.
Thanks guys. And nice idea. I will keep the powerhead part. Can be useful some day in case of a powerhead fails. Thanks a lot. I still have like two months left then to replace. Mine is on 24/7

Back
Top Bottom