Lighting for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5000k bulb is pretty good. Personally i would look for a 7800k or 10000k bulb. That will really get those plants growing.

I think a planted tank with black sand/Eco complete

Low light plants
Vallisneria
Hornwort
Anubias
Java Fern
Java moss
Wisteria
And more...

With a big piece of driftwood would look fantastic!

Caleb

The 5000k was all I could find lol even the one made specific for aquariums was only 3100k I've got a few plants to go in I'm slowly adding more... They just opened a new pet store lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The 5000k was all I could find lol even the one made specific for aquariums was only 3100k I've got a few plants to go in I'm slowly adding more... They just opened a new pet store lol

If needed you could stack the bulbs and run 2-3 if needed instead of brighter bulbs

Caleb

What kind of fish do u think would be neat in a 55? I still need to stick it and have no idea

Lots of plants and big sa/ca cichlids usually doesn't work. In my 55g I have one jack dempsey, one green terror, one convict, all juveniles. They will redecorate anything they can move inside the tank.

Lots of plants and big sa/ca cichlids usually doesn't work. In my 55g I have one jack dempsey, one green terror, one convict, all juveniles. They will redecorate anything they can move inside the tank.

I have a juvenile JD. She isn't big enough to redo her rocks yet :p I have 1 live plant (Bacopa) in there as a test right now. 1 week and she still hasn't even noticed it.

Caleb

The rocks and hardscape items are a little different. The red silk plant in my 55 has now been moved all over the tank and the fake plants that were with them when they were in my 65 hex never stayed where I put them. Each fish is different I suppose, but mine redecorate for me

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431305930.886080.jpg
All full. I was thinking cichlids but I'm not sure

The shop light is getting condensation on it will that be ok???

Nvm it's from my bubbler. I put 2x4s under the each end of my light and it's fine now

Back
Top Bottom