Lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 gal long I just set up and am having a hard time figuring out the best lighting for a planted aquarium since I will be planting it. I already have several bulbs in the tank with a light on them but need a hood or light fixture that's made for the tank :/ if there's something out there that will also be nice to my wallet that would be preferable.
Can anyone help me?

Also looking for low light setup for my 55g, on a low budget.

Goodness gracious! I've been biting my nails the last 2 hrs haha. I went online and found the exact light you mentioned! It does come with 2 bulbs are those sufficient for my needs?

should be because it is marketed for plants. they might not be the best but it will suffice and when you need to replace them you can then go ahead and get some better bulbs like geissmens . since the 20 long is only 12 inches deep you will be able to grow just about any plant

Last edited:
should be because it is marketed for plants. they might not be the best but it will suffice and when you need to replace them you can then go ahead and get some better bulbs like geissmens
any thoughts on a cheap fixture for a 55?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom