Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Lighting Question

So I just got my finnex fugeray-r light in the mail today...and I have 2 questions about it.

It says it has 3 settings on it, but I only see 2...red and white, and just red. Now this is only a 5 watt light and I put it on my 10 gallon planted. Is this sufficient lighting or should I put this on my 3 gallons? I know it's not even 1wpg for the 10.

I also have a 13w fluval mini compact fluorescent, which I have been using on the 10 and seems fine.

My other question is when and how long do I use the red LEDs?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I don't see a need to turn the red off unless you dislike the look that it gives your tank. The red LEDs are there for plants. To be honest, they're about the only ones that your tank is going to care about. I'd put this on the 3gal vs a 10 as this is just not enough output to matter.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would put it on your 3 gallon. It will be very limiting on what you can grow. As for how long, depends, 8-10hours, someone correct me if im wrong. You would definitely have to turn them off as dark is an essential part of photosynthesis.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com