Lighting Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairustwo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just replaced two 15w T8 bulbs(6700k and 10000k) with one Sunpaq dual daylight 65w bulb (6700k and 10000k).

I'm working on the planted tank angle.

Now, however, my fish have all but disappeared. My tank used to be pretty active during the day but no all the fish are hiding. Some just lurk under some rock shelves just sitting in the open but in the shade.

Should they be this freaked out about the light?

thanks>

Don't worry about it. Your fish will get used to the light. Remember, from the fishes' perspective, the new light is much brighter and thus a big change. 8)

from the fishes' perspective, the new light is much brighter and thus a big change. Cool
Yeah, I understand that. If I woke up to the sun being three times as bright I would be freaked also.

I was just wondering if they adjust or what. I just needed to be reassured. I know that they lived under brighter lights at the fish store.

It has been about 5 days now.

thanks

they will be ok took mine couple days to come around i went from 100 watts to 250 watts took about a week and know there fine with it they where freak out at first.they stayed real close to the bottom now they come right under the light at the top .

Hmm, I hope they come around. I didn't see a change in behavior (even from the discus) going from 40 watts to 130 watts on my 55.

Of course, if I rearrange some driftwood and slightly change the "home" of a pictus all hell breaks loose...so I think fish are just weird. It's great to keep an eye on unusual behavior, since it can sometimes clue you into a disease or condition quality, but often you just have to step back and let the fish adjust.

Back
Top Bottom