Lights for a tall 45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, I have quite a large (25 in tall) 45 tall. And I would love to have it heavily planted. My light is horrible, and I'm opened to all suggestions

cgthebeast said:
Hey, I have quite a large (25 in tall) 45 tall. And I would love to have it heavily planted. My light is horrible, and I'm opened to all suggestions

How bout a T5HO. Those are pretty much what you would use for growing plants. Or led. You could use metal halide. But that's really not necessary. Those are some
Suggestions. Once again I will second that the T5HO is your best option. Aqutraders has some low priced lighting that would fit your needs.

What kind of plants do you want?

How bout a T5HO. Those are pretty much what you would use for growing plants. Or led. You could use metal halide. But that's really not necessary. Those are some
Suggestions. Once again I will second that the T5HO is your best option. Aqutraders has some low priced lighting that would fit your needs.

What kind of plants do you want?

Jungle Val's, various swords, peacock moss. My fixture for it only has one bulb, I like the t5s and have one on the reef

You wouldn't need much light for those plants. I have jungle Val in very low light. When we measure it, it almost touches the ceiling. Swords can do fine in low light if you give them
The nutrients they need.

You wouldn't need much light for those plants. I have jungle Val in very low light. When we measure it, it almost touches the ceiling. Swords can do fine in low light if you give them
The nutrients they need.

yep, i have root tabs and I plan to dose ferts

You could get some ludwigia repens. It's got red leaves in high light and gives great contrast.

You could get some ludwigia repens. It's got red leaves in high light and gives great contrast.

Awesome, I want to try and get so surface plants as well so i will that still Penetrate though a layer if plants on the surface

Back
Top Bottom