Lights off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kangster

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have heard that to reduce the stress for the fish in the morning, the lights of the room should be turned on for around 15 minutes and then turn the lights of the aquarium on to create "sunrise" effect...

i noticed when i turn the lights off at nights, the fish go crazy trying to escape and appear to be stressed out...is there any way of reducing this stress...a method to create "sundown" effect?

I suppose a similar method of turning off one before the other may do the trick. Another thing I try to do is put food in the tank and then turn the lights on or off. It seems they like the food better than any qualms with the light. Give it a shot?

sure - get a second fixture and put the 2 lights on staggered timers, so 1 comes on, then the other, then the 1st turns off, then the other turns off.

I don't know if it is necessary though... most people do just fine with just 1 light going on and off. Usually the method I described above is used on planted tanks to simulate a noon sun burst kind of effect.

Back
Top Bottom