Liquid KH dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funkyaneurysm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Who can think of a way to dose liquid KH or alk buffer using a dosing pump?

It's easy to find solutions (no pun intended) for marine tanks OR powders for fresh water tanks. But I've not found a liquid product for fresh water.

My tap water is 1KH so I need to dose alkalinity buffer, or kh+, into the tank to prevent gradual decline in PH.

I use a fully automated water change system & auto top off system so I'd love to integrate a liquid KH/Alk dosing using my peristaltic pumps.

Ideally this solution would not be phosphate-based.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Andrew

I have used a liquid calcium carbonate product. Unfortunately no longer have it but it was marketed for saltwater tanks if that helps.

Great discussion, I don't test for water quality as I keep small tropical and cold water fish, and they seem to be fine with my water for about 2 years now, but am interested in auto correcting systems for water quality, water treatment plants have similar system so am sure there must be something for aquariums

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think just a cup of crushed coral in the filter should help stabilise ph.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Baking soda. The saltwater solutions are just baking soda in ro/di water.

I have the directions for setting up a dosing solution at home, ill link it when i get a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom