little 6 gallon for tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommysmith

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,
Ive got a small 6 gallon tank, and been advised to do a betta tank, but......i do like the look of tetras, all and any, the thing is how many could I have and can I mix them,ie green and neons etc the shop near us has some crackers and id love a massive tank full of these little gems, but for now ill take your advice and get what yous think is suitable.

Thanks for advice in advance.

I wouldn't recommend tetras in a tank with such a small foot print. While several of the species such as neons are small fish, they are active and prefer to be in larger groups.

If you were going to get some, I wouldn't recommend but a single species - 5 neons would be about the limit... but you will probably have some folks tell you even that is not suitable.

What might work well for you are some of the nano rasbora species. Check them out at the bottom of this link:
Freshwater Fish | Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

Thanks for the reply, I liked the look of them and the rummynose ones, tetras are quality, is this tank a bit small then, iam looking at getting a bigger one in a couple of months, but if yous say 5 is the limit ill stick with that. Could I putbanything with the tetras or should I just stick to the 5 tetras.

Back
Top Bottom