little adviice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLOCK.HERo12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went to the pet store today, and they gave me some gravel from one of their tanks i explaned what i was trying to do, know do i put this gravel into the tank as is, or do i place it in the filter.i have a 20 gallon tank doing a fishless cycle with pure ammonia trying to jump start the process ,any advise would be just great,should i add the water i transported the gravei in help me please!:confused:

BLOCK.HERo12 said:
I went to the pet store today, and they gave me some gravel from one of their tanks i explaned what i was trying to do, know do i put this gravel into the tank as is, or do i place it in the filter.i have a 20 gallon tank doing a fishless cycle with pure ammonia trying to jump start the process ,any advise would be just great,should i add the water i transported the gravei in help me please!:confused:

You can put it in the tank near the filter intake or put it in you filter if it will fit. Either way will work. Someone else might have something else to say though. Never done a fishless cycle myself.

i think to get the best results from this put some in between filter pads and some on the ground so the whole of the water gets the bacteria balance.
i think adding the water will help a little to cycle but not much, so keep going with your cycle and let us know how it goes :)

Oh and as for the water I don't think it matters either way. It doesn't contain anything much of use so probably not. But after you get fish don't ever add the shops water to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom