little bugs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 50 gallon cichlid aquarium with hood.
yesterday after i had done a water change i noticed that there was hundreds of tiny pinkish bugs, i mean, really tiny, took me a while to realise they were bugs. They stay above the water line and if fall in, they jump back on the glass. I have tried to get rid of them, but they seem to keep on coming. PLEASE HELP ME!

Jungle lab products have nothing to do with the post. Please stay on topic.

I get hundreds of small bugs that are above the water line of my tank. They are extremely small, I don't know if they are pink. The fish eat them when they get into the water. Mine are harmless, look like small lines, almost dots. They are smaller than the head of a ball point pen. I'm not sure what they are, larva of fruit flies, or mosquitos I imagine. I wouldn't worry too much.

Reactions: tmf
I occasionally get bugs if i feed flake. They are green, and about a 1cm or less long. They are never a big problem though.

Harmless. just part of the fauna of your tank. If they start to "infect" your fish then maybe worry. I have the same experience as Zagz the fish eat em.

I once had a white fly infestation ... They came in through a plant we brought indoors from the garden. After removing the plant, we still ended up with white flies growing on the tank surface ... very small, less than 1mm, greenish white, and annoying.

My solution was to completely seal off the tank surface, wait for the flies to drop into the water & the goldies had a nice snack.

thank u every1 who helped me out here, i am not so concerned with this problem anymore. cheers.

Back
Top Bottom