Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Little catfish

I just got a little catfish looks like a common bristlenose but it doesn't grow as big
And I know there mostly nocturnal but I fed it at night and the pellet was right underneath it for 10 min and it didn't eat it
Ps I had it for around a week and it's still very active tried to feed it twice and again tonight
Please help

Old 09-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to tamtam
I'm sorry I don't know exactly what you mean/want? Are you worried that you fish isn't eating enough? Do you know what type of catfish it is exactly? How do you know it doesn't get as big as bristle nose. Bristlenose are one of the smaller plecos. OR when you said common bristlenose did you just mean common? Commons and Bristle nose are 2 different types of pleco

Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I don't know what kind of pleco your talking about but as for eating Pleco's will graze algae off the tank and decorations mostly at night. For extra feeding you can drop an algae tablet in the tank at night after the lights go off. Your usually not going to see it eat. Leave the tablet in there and most likely it will feed during the night sometime. You can also blanch some zucchini or cucumber, weigh down the pieces or clip them to the side of the tank, and leave in there all night. It might take a couple tries for it to try new foods but don't give up. Also I don't know what most people do but I only off "other" foods a couple times a week. Plus if you don't know Pleco's need a piece of driftwood to rasp on, it aids in digestion.

Tags
catfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com