Little Fry found in a cycling Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supradupafast

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today as I was enjoying my plants in my 60 Gal tank that is near the end of a "fishless cycling", I noticed a little fry swimming in the background. My first thought.... Impossible?
I have a established 10Gal with Danios and heavily planted and had to transfer one plant that was getting way too big for the 10gal about a month ago at the same time I brought a few plants from the LFS.
The fry looks only days old, and the eggs could have hitched a ride from the Plant transfer, or the ones purchased at the LFS.
I have taken the fry out, and put him in a fine net with gravel & crushed flake food in my established 10gal . I'm surprised it survived the 4PPM Ammonia in the eggs. I'll see tomorrow how it's doing. I'm sure if he hatched, I could be seeing new frys in the near futur.
:)

Thats really cool. I hope he live so we can see what it is. Do you have any pics yet?

Thats really cool! Do you remember what kind of fish were in the tank with the plants? My first guess would be danios.

Oh my... just transfered 2 more Frys to the established tank..
I'm almost 99% they are Danios too!
To my surprise, a Female Danios looks like she's gonna explode tonight. She's been wandering around the same spot, and she's Huge.
Looks like i'm getting bombarded by Frys in both tanks now.. lol
I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. They are so tiny but they are free swimming. For now, I'm trying to feed what I can find/grind into powder. I'll have to get some fry food tomorrow. I've put a leaf with plenty of nutrients on it, hopefully that will get them through a day.

they will eat boiled egg yolk.its nice and powdery and the particles are very small. its pretty much pure protein.

i had a similar experience... i killed 3 zebra danios with a diy co2 experiment, but found fry a few days later... those are some tough babies lol.

How could you kill Zebra Danios? I thought the only way to kill those is you physically had to take em' out of the water and step on them... (Not that I would ever do that)
Tough.. I know.. tell me about tough, surviving Ammonia 4PPM & NiTrites over 2PPM . lol... No clue how long this lil' guy or gal was in the tank for..
It must have been in the tank for a while..

Ok, so the Fry is still living in the net after 3 days!
I don't know if he's eating at all. I never see him coming to the top for food. Maybe cuz he's so small, he just gets the particles in the water? how do I know if he's healthy & Eating at all?

Back
Top Bottom