Little help requested - need top swimmin' tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NorCalAl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, from my sig you can see I have the bottom pretty well covered. I'd just like 4-6 mid-top swimmers to complete things. (BTW- before ya'all tell me how big the loaches will grow, we have a 180g in the works for the end of summer and the loaches are only about 3" right now) I was originally interested in discus, but I think I'm going to dedicate my next tank to them. I like angels, too, but it seems like they are a bit more aggressive than I'd like and that the numbers I want would cause issues, too.
So I'd like something not tooooo big, but not what you'd see every day, either. Something that would compliment and get along with my other fellows. Excepting the gouramis toward each other and the syno, everyone is very calm.
Any suggestions?

I was hoping for something along the lines of 3-dot gouramis - but without the additional problems of aggression. I'm also hoping for something that will occupy mid-to-top tank as that is almost empty. Except when the oto's are going from one place to another... or the gouramis can pull up from chasing each other for a minute.
I'm just not sure what I'm seeking...maybe a Black Ghost Knife. Ha. Ha. Ha. Or not.

Maybe some honey gouramis (not sure how they'd do with the dwarfs), rainbows, tetras, platies or swordtails?

Back
Top Bottom