Little white balls on fish tank glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keepcalm3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 40 gal. freshwater fishtank. For fish i have 2 sunfish. One bali shark and albino catfish and a placo. This is morning on my glass in the front of tank i have noticed these tiny white balls. Theres quite a few never noticed them till now. What are they and what do i do to get rid of them. Or are they eggs? Any advice ?:confused:

Last edited:
I noticed this for the first time when I set up my 55g cichlid tank and am seeing the same thing in my 20g reef tank that is just starting up as well. From what I understand they are just a type of small worm that are completely harmless and normal. Although I never really did get a positive identification of what species they were.

So i need to clean the tank today. Should I remove these when cleaning or leave them alone ?

So i need to clean the tank today. Should I remove these when cleaning or leave them alone ?

I just ignore them but if they bother you an algae brush removes them really easily. The ones in my cichlid tank went away after the tank aged a little bit.

To late i already cleaned the tank and used my algae brush they came right off. What do you think will happen ?

Back
Top Bottom