Live bearers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracie6283

Aquarium Advice Freak
Of what I have in my tank, what are live bearers? Saw some new babies this morning and we're curious what had them:

Dalmation mollies, I know they are
Neon tetra
Rosy barbs
Bala sharks
Odessa barbs
Blue rams
New guinea rainbows
Albino bristle nose Plecoptera
Ghost shrimp

Tracie6283 said:
Of what I have in my tank, what are live bearers? Saw some new babies this morning and we're curious what had them:

Dalmation mollies, I know they are
Neon tetra
Rosy barbs
Bala sharks
Odessa barbs
Blue rams
New guinea rainbows
Albino bristle nose Plecoptera
Ghost shrimp

Only the mollies. But there has been a few people on here that had neons breed.

You should get special net that hangs onto the side of your tank, and it keeps them seperated from the other fish. You should also feed them a food called First Bites made by Hikari

you don't need special food for livebearer fry, you can finely crush some flake or pellets and they will eat it. It does help to provide live foods like microworms or baby brine shrimp to help them grow faster.

Yeah they are just hanging out at the top. None of the other fish seem to care about them so far. We'll see what happens!

K got the babies in a breeder net. Got them some baby food. Excited to see how they turn out. Any suggestions on how long to leave them in there?

Tracie6283 said:
K got the babies in a breeder net. Got them some baby food. Excited to see how they turn out. Any suggestions on how long to leave them in there?

Till they get big enough not to be able to fit in any of your other fishes mouths, or get sucked into the filter.

Back
Top Bottom