Live food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have the basic aquarium and I have been thinking about treating my angelfish to live foods. He has taken such a interest in the fry and is constantly teased by not being able to eat the little guys. I have been reading about live foods and I am not sure what to feed my fish, I was originally going to go with Tubifex worms until I read that they can carry parasites that could kill my fish. I honestly don't think I could feed them maggots, silk worms, or wingless fruit flies as I am not a bug person lol. I have been leaning towards brine shrimp and am thinking about getting some off of liveaquaria.com (Feeder Shrimp for Aquariums: Live Adult Brine Shrimp) but have never had live fish/inverts shipped. And since reading about the live foods I finally discovered what those dumb little sea monkey kits I begged my Mom for contained lol.

Do remember that once you feed him live stuff, there's a good chance he'll start eating your fry, and anything else that swims and can fit in his mouth Just by mistake.

I know, I had originally bought him as a juvenile just to make sure he wouldn't eat my smaller fish (The smallest being a guppy) but I'm probably throwing that out the window. I always keep the fry separated from him and he is king of the tank so I have no doubt once he gets full grown my guppies will start to go missing. He has been decapitating my GS and also eating them whole.

Back
Top Bottom