Live food: Blackworm care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosoxlobsterman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, so I got a scarlet badis a little bit ago, and the lfs recommended live blackworms to feed him. So, I bought a small portion for $4. Turns out a small portion was approximately 1 million worms (which isn't too bad since they're small), but even feeding my entire 40B, I still have tons and tons left. I've tried rinsing the bag every day or so to keep them clean, but removing the water after is very time consuming. I was wondering if there was a better way to keep the blackworms for an extended period of time (they in a ziplock bag in the fridge, atm)?

get a tray that had a large surface area and put no more than one inch of water in it and put ur worms in there. the amount of water shouldn't exceed a quarter of an inch from where the worms top off. even with this, it's suggested that you do a water change every few days. feed sparingly and remove dead worms immediately as they foul the water

Back
Top Bottom