Live plants with a goby dragon..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyvinWolf

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have any luck keeping live plants with a VGD? Mine is the ultimate in terraforming his tank. Like every few days. I had 2 water sprites in there... I am going to have go digging to find them. Any recommendations??

Yep he is in a 55 gal brackish tank with mollies and cromides, black fins, and some snails. He has a mountain he digs under and swims through, a plastic hollow log, rocks and fake plants...all of which move on a regular basis. And yes he is in sand too.

To answer your question, yes. forget about the water sprite. I had some of that, too and he ate it all. Apparently, they love that. But I have tons of other plants and he leaves them alone, my scats ate them LOL and I sent them back and had to get new plants. I've had crypts, vals, hornwart, cabomba, java fern, java moss, micro sword, etc. What i have found is to keep them out of his way so they will root down. I know he likes the corners and all along the wall of the glass, so I leave that open for him and his whole side of the tank is deprived of plants besides some java fern on a rock. I have about 4 on rocks but he moved them all over and got them untied from the rocks in his nightly escapades. Just try to learn where he likes to roam and leave him a clear path and plant around his "area". That's the best advice I can give on it. It's what I'm doing now after trial and error with him.

Back
Top Bottom