loach for a 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No not at all, kuhlis require at least a 20 gallon long footprint ( 30 inches by 12 inches)
Maybe some Burmese loaches

There is a dwarf chain loach that only gets to about 2.5 inches. They are great little snail eaters. They are kinda expensive($13 to 16 each) They seem to come out more during the day than a lot of loaches. My two even come out and school with the rummys periodically. They look so cool going around thinking they're tetras. I had hundreds of baby ramshorn snails before I got them. In two months they wiped them out. OS.

Borneo suckers aka hillstream loaches are coldwater fish, need high current, and besides need at least 29 gallons

Can i get a borneo sucker?
Personally id say 15g to 20g minimum for borneo sucker/hillstream loach. If you want it to be happy. But if your tank isn't heavily stocked, then 1 might be ok. As long as you understand the water requirements for them.

Water Temperature Range: 20-24°C (sub-tropical fish. They prefer cooler water.)
Water pH Range: 6.5-8.0
Water Hardness Range: 2-15 dGH
Fast Flowing water/ current, highly oxygenated.

Hope that helps.

Ok i didn't know they were coldwater i was just nameing cool ones that i saw. I have a couple pieces of driftwood( there small pieces of cypress wood i found ) and i soaked them n water for about 2-3 weeks and they still float and i don't want them to leak anything or turn the water brown!:ermm::ermm:

Ok i didn't know they were coldwater i was just nameing cool ones that i saw. I have a couple pieces of driftwood( there small pieces of cypress wood i found ) and i soaked them n water for about 2-3 weeks and i don't want them to leak anything or turn the water brown!:ermm::ermm:

Cool, I did the same thing for my drift wood. I can't really think of any cool sucker fish right now hmmm,

I don't think there's really any species that's suited to be in a tank that small, partially because pretty much all of them would much rather be in groups. Even dwarf chain loaches (yasuhikotakia sidthimunki) would need more than that.

Right now i have 1 2-3" upside down cat, 2 1-1.5" otocinclus, and 1 1.5" zebra danio and 1 2-3.5" marimo ball and there all doing fine but my cat is hiding behind the filter intake tube most of the day. Should i boil the diftwood?

Right now i have 1 2-3" upside down cat, 2 1-1.5" otocinclus, and 1 1.5" zebra danio and 1 2-3.5" marimo ball and there all doing fine but my cat is hiding behind the filter intake tube most of the day. Should i boil the diftwood?

No, just pour boling water on it. Also I would upgrade soon, my so called upside down cat turned Ito an 8 inch adult African squeaker so be care full. I would also try to upgrade to a 20f at least so all those fish can be happy an have enough room :)

Back
Top Bottom