Loach ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erla

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just picked up a free tank on Craigslist - it was not supposed to come with fish: the owner gave away all the fish a couple of weeks ago. However, she had left the water in it, and as she was draining it when I went to pick it up, she discovered this guy:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430606022.158216.jpg

I know nothing about loaches, but since there is a popular thread going for loach lovers, I am hoping someone can help me out! Thanks!

Honestly I have no idea but Sinibotia probably does.

I love loaches. loaches.com has a great system for narrowing down the species you have based on body shape, barbels, and strips/dots.

Caleb

Thanks. Yeah, I am actually looking through that site now, and slowly narrowing in on it... I was just hoping someone here might just know!

It could be Sinibotia rubusta, or maaaybe a shistura. Though the user sinibotia will be able to tell you for sure xD

It could be Sinibotia rubusta, or maaaybe a shistura. Though the user sinibotia will be able to tell you for sure xD

Thanks. I just looked up both of those guys, and the striping looks a little different. I think he may be a nemacheilus platiceps, but I am still not sure....

Back
Top Bottom