Loach Lovers Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say that's ludicrously unlikely.

Ok, I noticed before all three of the loaches I got died sand seemed to he sticking to their sides. Didn't know if it would stick to their gills too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's likely that whatever caused them to die may have upregulated mucus production. That might have caused sand to stick to their sides.

Well, went to the best LFS in the area today and got a grand slam! We picked up their last botia kubotai, and a schistura that I can't even ID yet! The wholesaler alleged it was a new species, but I'm not sold on that yet. My guess is it's schistura mahnerti or kohchangensis. I don't think I'll be able to positively ID it until it gets older.

Pics or it didn't happen ;) I was looking at a species the other day that stay at 5 inches and are community friendly...

Niwaella delicata

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433099475.947328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I found one seller on aquabid with them... $70 for a 6 pack plus shipping! :(

Pics or it didn't happen ;) I was looking at a species the other day that stay at 5 inches and are community friendly...

Niwaella delicata

View attachment 273026

what's that species? I don't recognize it :blink:

edit, oops I just saw the name. Never even seen a member from that group. Is that auction buy it now....? ;)

Kubotai is getting treated with prazipro because it looks like he might have internal parasites, he's pretty thin. The schistura looks fine but I'll keep an eye on him and treat him if he ends up needing it.

what's that species? I don't recognize it :blink:

edit, oops I just saw the name. Never even seen a member from that group. Is that auction buy it now....? ;)

Yeah it had a buy it now option but I can't afford that much upfront for fish right now. Now I'm the one going back to school

Yeah it had a buy it now option but I can't afford that much upfront for fish right now. Now I'm the one going back to school

Yeah I couldn't do it either. Need to raise these latest batches of multis so I can sell them and even have enough to start the new saltwater tank. Grow faster, little fish!

I don't. I've never had snails though sini does for his puffers, or did..

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Lol time for a 10g full of pond snails or MTS

The problem is convincing myself to do that when I could use the 10 gallon for something else :lol: someone just game me a nearly-complete 10 gallon reef setup.... I could put snails in that, but I want to do a reef tank!

Back
Top Bottom