Loach suggestions for a 30g long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Critterlvrok

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just purchased a up and running 30g long tank with the following occupants : 6 various platy, 5 black skirt tetra, 2 black Kuhli and a BN pleco. I want to do something a little different for a clean up crew in this tank. I have cory in one tank, Kuhli in another. I love the loaches and would like to try some in my new tank. If I rehome the 2 Kuhli into my other tank after QT is there a loach that would be suitable for this new tank? Something that would eat snails would be a bonus. Suggestions please? Clowns are not an option due to size, I need something that will fit into this tank both due to size and temperament. Thank you!

I have three striatia botia, they are active, non stop little fish. They have cool markings and they are fun to watch. I am also looking into getting a few Dario Loaches. I read they are similar in behavior.

And what about the angelicus botia? Would they work? They are available locally and I've not see the zebra as of yet.

I have 2 dojo loaches and one yoyo they r great tank mates the yoyo can b aggressive but isn't large enough to anything serious.

khuli loaches do better in bigger groups. I would say up your khuli loaches to 5 or 6 ... they will be way happier

Mr.loach said:
I have 2 dojo loaches and one yoyo they r great tank mates the yoyo can b aggressive but isn't large enough to anything serious.

I agree!! :D I have a dojo loach and I love him! He's too cute!

I have a large group of angelicus in my 125, they're great fish. Much less troublesome than yoyo's, and they get better-looking as they grow larger.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful information. I LOVE the Angelicus and would like to get 3 of them. Can I up the number of my Kuhli to 4-5 and also have 3 Angelicus? or do I need to move the Kuhli into my other tank with my other Kuhli's? Also I have fallen in love with the Bolivian Ram's at my LFS. I researched them and it seems that they would be okay with my current stocking list but would they be okay with both Loaches? I would love to have 3 Angelicus, 4-5 Kuhli and 2 Rams. Any Idea's?

thank you!

khuli loaches do better in bigger groups. I would say up your khuli loaches to 5 or 6 ... they will be way happier

Thank you! I plan to either add Kuhli's or move them to my other tank that has 5 already. Thank you for the advice!

The kuhli's would be happier all together in one tank. I'd go with 5 angelicus, 3 is the bare minimum number. They don't grow very quickly, but would be more competition for food than the kuhli's would like, even while small.

The kuhli's would be happier all together in one tank. I'd go with 5 angelicus, 3 is the bare minimum number. They don't grow very quickly, but would be more competition for food than the kuhli's would like, even while small.

Thank you So much Toddnbecka! I was thinking I should move the kuhli's to the other tank so this settles it for me. Thank you again. Also I hope to get 2 more Angelicus however I have to wait for new stock to arrive at my LFS.

thank you again!

I picked up my last ones at my lfs as small juvies that came along with a bunch of yoyo loaches the same size. I couldn't pass up the deal, they were all sold for the same price.

Back
Top Bottom