Log; Aquastart 320 - Cycling - Scaping - Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all!

So I got a nice new aquastart 320 as a gift from my Gf this weekend

I decided to log the journey a new tank takes from the store to the finished article.

Of course I'll be open to any suggestions you folk may have and I'll be posting regular updates.

Oooooh and before I forget, any ideas for stocking? ;)

Thanks!

fishyperson3010 said:
Hmmm
28 litres maybe a betta

Yea I'm gonna try to stray away from the Betta for now, mainly because the area I live in never has em lol.

I was hoping to look around for some micro fish but I took a vacation so I can't look near my home lol :)

Scouser said:
Yea I'm gonna try to stray away from the Betta for now, mainly because the area I live in never has em lol.

I was hoping to look around for some micro fish but I took a vacation so I can't look near my home lol :)

I thought Bettas were more common than gold fish. I see the everywhere, and do to my career, I've been to allot of places.

Mumma.of.two said:
What about chilli rasboras, endlers or sparkling gouramis? Shrimp?

Ahhhh now they sound interesting :)

I was thinking of shrimp myself, as I'm ordering some from someone on here.

I think chillis would be a great choice, as would the gourami.

Off to google I go!

Thanks ;)

Ok so I'm back home in Liverpool and after a boring train journey it's time to seriously start planning.

If I am to go with chillis how many could I keep?

And could I keep shrimps along side them?

Well the stocking choice was made without me, my mum bought 3 male guppies an stuck em in there while I was at work.

So I guess it's scratch the from the log info lol

Ok, the filter that I had in my main tank for 2 weeks seems not to have collected enough BB.

Tested the water and found;

0.50 ammonia

0.25 nitrite

5-10 nitrate.

So not too bad.

Did a 65% change, added enough Prime to detox and remaining ammo till it can be processed.

Day 1: looking good :)

Day 2;

Got home pretty late from, couldn't be bother to test the water (knowing the levels wouldn't be optimal anyways)

Performed a 75% water change, using prime and dechlor.

Will test the levels after I've sat down for 10 mins lol :)

Day 3; (it's a day late but still)

After finding my honey gourami dead, suspected choking on a freshly added shrimp I got maintenance mad.

Performed a 70% PWC. Gravel vac and smooshed some baby snails (then decided to grow em for my assassin ;))

The guppies are easily becoming my new centrepieces after the loss of "Spot" once their cycle is complete I was thinking about adding 1 more male to lower any possible aggression issues with odd numbers.

Day; 12

Hectic week at work kept me from posting much..

Well on day 5 nitrites started to get a tad too high (around 1ppm) a 75% change lowered them to acceptable levels.

On day 9 nitrites dropped to zero and trAtes started growing to a readable level. (performed 50% PWC anyway)

And for today, PWC of 50% before testing, will wait an hour or so and test to avoid the resulted being tainted due to Prime.

Back
Top Bottom