Long-awaited Rainbowfish!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smallfry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just wanted to say....I finally have the beginnings of a school of Rainbowfish for my 46g tank!!! :D :multi:

This is something I've wanted for a looooooong time (ok...well at least a few months). :lol:

* Any good names for 3 Australian Rainbowfish??? (3 will eventually grow to 6 or 7 I'm hoping)

Congrats!! Everyone comment on my rainbows.. They are getting very big now...

Moooose

name one of them Moose.. :)

ok that's a good idea...sneezy...grumpy....dopey....MOOSE.....what are the other dwarfs? (I forgot them all) :oops:

Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Bashful, Sneezy, Sleepy.. and of course.. Doc.

Thanks to you all....my school of Rainbowfish (eventually 7) will have the following names: Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy Sneezy, Doc, and Moose. :mrgreen:

Thanks again for the help!

(I'm so excited...can't wait for these 3 to get out of QT so I can get 4 more) :D

It occured to me that Austalian Rainbows in general may be a bit too "cultured" and "dignified" for these names....but I'm sure they'll get over it. :lol:

I would never name my rainbow Bruce.. He would always be going around the tanks saying.. HELLO I'm BRUCE the SHARK in a heavy accent.. It would drive me crazy... :)

Menegerie do you mean as in "Moose to afraid to talk to work the till at the Aquarium auction? :)"

How are the new rainbows doing?!?!?

Moooose

Update: I know that a 10g tank is too small for 3 Australian Rainbows longterm, but I thought it'd be ok just for QT....seems I could be wrong. :? One is bigger than the other 2 and is making life a bit miserable (and stressful) for them. No actual nipping/biting that I can see....but LOTS of chasing and guarding territory. Plus they all have an aversion to the tank light....I left it off the first day to get them acclimated....but even now when I turn on the light they FREEZE....I left it on for 30 minutes hoping they'd get used to it and relax, but they stayed FROZEN the whole time! :roll:

I'm just hoping the stress/small confines won't kill them....and they can all hang in there for the remainder of their QT time. Any suggestions, Moose???

Lots of plants and hiding places!!! Even though it is QT if you can maybe run out and get some big plastic plants..

My Boesmani Rainbows chase each other often.. It isn't agression like I've seen with Gouramis but they are all ways chasing back and forth... It isn't the type that concerns me.. No damage just play time.. :)

I could give them ALL the name Moose.....then I'd have "Meese"... (you know, like more than one Goose is Geese) :mrgreen:

On second thought...I think I'll stick with the aforementioned names I already chose. Thanks anyway everybody! :)

And thanks, Moose for the advice and reassurance.

I would never name my rainbow Bruce.. He would always be going around the tanks saying.. HELLO I'm BRUCE the SHARK in a heavy accent.. It would drive me crazy...

Moose, this statement makes me think you have Rainbow sharks instead of Rainbowfish???? I have Rainbowfish....but they do ACT like sharks in my puny 10 qt tank.... 8O

Back
Top Bottom