Long-time fish mom, new to Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debsfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks! I have 2 tanks right now, a 26 gal and a 55. I have 2 Blood Parrots, 6 tetras, a red Tail Shark and a big 'ol bottom feeder in the big tank, 2 Parrots, an Angel, an Algae eater and 2 new fish that I can't remember the name of (but was told by my "fish person" that they would be fine with the Parrots).
I have 2 questions...the first: one of the Parrots in my 26 gal. is turning white-ish. I'm trying to figure out why.....stress, overcrowded ??? PH is good as is the temp (around 80). Also, I moved some of the 'furniture" around in the tank so maybe the fish is bothered by that???? He doesn't appear to be sick, just loosing color in the front half of his body.
Second question.....the canister filter in my big tank sprang a leak (gasket, I think) so I'm temporarily using an regular filter so have had to move stuff around in the tank a bit. Where should the heater be placed....one end, middle, ???? The filter out-put is nearer to the left side,,,should heater be on opposite end or ??? PLease help me out here...I want my fishies to be healthy and happy:dance:. Thanks in advance to you all....:thanks:
Deb

Welcome!

I can't say a whole lot about the parrot's color except that losing it is a sign of stress.

I like to keep my heater low but near the filter intake to increase the flow of heated water.

That's the only thing I really feel comfortable commenting on, other than hello and welcome.

Welcome as well!

Can only really comment on the heater which I would just place in a good water flow area. On mine I run two heaters now and find that is a lot better over winter.

Back
Top Bottom