Longest Whiskered Catfish advice wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoseidonCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone especially catfish lovers, I'd like some recommendations on your favorite super long whiskered catfish species, I'm looking for feelers that are at least as long as their body if not longer! Whether they're peaceful community fish or solitary predators doesn't matter, give me some ideas about the longest whiskered species you've seen available. Attached is a picture to give you an example of what I mean, thanks for your input!

Attachments

• whiskers.jpg
    whiskers.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 62
Pictus cats are the first species that come to mind. They're shoaling fish but will try to eat smaller tank mates.

Pictus cats are the first species that come to mind. They're shoaling fish but will try to eat smaller tank mates.

I agree pictus are interesting, medium sized cats with long whiskers. As long as you don't have any tiny fish or fry, most other fish will be safe from it. Also, they are relatively common; you should be able to find some at your local Petsmart.

Back
Top Bottom