Longest you have ever kept a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool stories everyone!

FTMMWS, what is a Black Rombeus?

I don't seem to know many of this fish, lol.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Currently, my oldest is a two year old betta (my avatar).

But, I had "one" goldfish that lived for like five years when I was in elementary school. His coloration and size kept on changing though... it was weird.

We had a black and white goldfish that had some sort of parasite in his head, he was actually floating at the top of the water. We treated him, and he lived, but he is solid orange now! He is one of our 5 year old ones.

We had a black and white goldfish that had some sort of parasite in his head, he was actually floating at the top of the water. We treated him, and he lived, but he is solid orange now! He is one of our 5 year old ones.

I am glad he is doing better. I have heard that Goldfish can live for a very long time.

Cool stories everyone!

FTMMWS, what is a Black Rombeus?

I don't seem to know many of this fish, lol.
He was about a foot long when he died..Very mean SOB,,but so cool..would literally chase and snap at your finger
4714622100_5336de4041_z.jpg
4706494705_edcce431fa_z.jpg

He was about a foot long when he died..Very mean SOB,,but so cool..would literally chase and snap at your finger
4714622100_5336de4041_z.jpg
4706494705_edcce431fa_z.jpg

Wow, I would have to agree, I can understand how it is a species of Piranha, it certainly look like one.

Before I learned about this fish I though there was only one kind of Piranha, I learn something new everyday!

wait,i remember one i kept for longer. a catfish i caught at a lake where we used to vacation. he went bucket,turtle tank(along with like 20 others),pond(with one friend left),then a lake when the pond burst. kept him for like 6-7 years.

Mine would have to be a Scissor tail rasbora. it was one of the first fish i bought and it lived 4 years in my tank and survived multiple bouts of ich and one move across the state. He recently moved on to the locker. I've only been keeping fish since sept. 2007
15890-albums32-picture550.jpg

Mine would have to be a Scissor tail rasbora. it was one of the first fish i bought and it lived 4 years in my tank and survived multiple bouts of ich and one move across the state. He recently moved on to the locker. I've only been keeping fish since sept. 2007
15890-albums32-picture550.jpg

Cool!

They are nice looking fish!

I had a small school of green corydoras years ago. Some were bought in a group one year, and then several more were added in a group 3 years later when I upgraded to a larger tank. The whole school was upgraded to a 90 gallon tank when I moved to a new home. Over the years one passed away, then another, etc. Eventually I was down to one and he hung in there...and hung in there! He died when we had been in the "new" house for 10 years. So he was either 12 or 15 years old...not sure which batch I bought him with.

I had a small school of green corydoras years ago. Some were bought in a group one year, and then several more were added in a group 3 years later when I upgraded to a larger tank. The whole school was upgraded to a 90 gallon tank when I moved to a new home. Over the years one passed away, then another, etc. Eventually I was down to one and he hung in there...and hung in there! He died when we had been in the "new" house for 10 years. So he was either 12 or 15 years old...not sure which batch I bought him with.

Wow, that seems like a long time for a Cory! You must have done a great job taking care of your tank! (y)

Back
Top Bottom