longshot cory ID - pic added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I saw some cories at a chain pet store yesterday and I can't quite figure out what variety they were. They were fairly large, say 2" and they were a dark bronze colour with a thick black stripe running the length of their bodies. They were labeled as green cories, which I don't think was correct because they were really quite dark. Any ideas? I wish I'd had my camera. I am thinking about picking a few up since they were horribly underpriced :), but I would like to know exactly what they are.

I am now thinking Corydoras sp. cf. aeneus (peru green stripe) but I don't think I can be sure. I can't find anything like the fish I have stuck in my mind now...

Better pick up a couple to be sure... can't go wrong with any cory IME :D Although having successfully resisted the urge to impulse-buy maybe I'd better not push it...

Thanks for the link.

Looked a little like the one on the right...
img_794317_0_d3afa9d2beccb2d9828d370bf70c74d4.jpg

I really like them. I was really nice to the girl at the lfs while she was catching them for me. She took them over to the counter and looked through a book for a bit and then wrote 3x $3.37 on the bag!! I think she gave me their cost price on whatever it is they though they are (tag on the tank said 7.74)... :p I couldn't bring myself to ask to take the rest of them after that though...
The other 2 aren't as dark, but they sure are big! They make my pandas look microscopic!
To me they seem like some kind of c.aneus mutt...
Here's the big guy...
img_794535_0_1aa211abd4d1183bd701c522dde20323.jpg

The third doesn't want to pose yet. They definitely aren't quite as dark as the c.aneus black variety, but they don't really have the orange stripe either. The first one I posted is the darkest, and does have a slightly different coloured stripe above.

Back
Top Bottom