Look at me new Stealth Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
Came home and saw the temp had dropped in my new tank...look in the overflow to check the temp and the heater had exploded. This Stealth is just 3 days old. I had read the other threads reporting the possiblity of the heaters exploding but have always had good luck with the Stealth line. Thank goodness no fish or the tank was harmed.

GetAttachment.jpg

i hate to say this but they are proving to me they not just not as good as they use to be.

wow, somebody linked a thread talking about something like this on here one day. I emailed marineland, but they assured me there were no 'known issues' like this. I have had excellent luck with the one i have (knocking on wood right now) so far, and have recommended it to everybody. Seeing this really makes me think twice about recommending it until marineland comes out and admits they have some issues. I'm hoping this is just a bad batch or something. Im glad to hear no fish were harmed. Are you planning on using the one marineland replaces it with, or getting a different brand? I'm starting to think mgamer is right :(

I have been using these heaters for years with great success. Even after reading the other threads never thought twice about installing 2 more of these in the new 165. I'm considering switching brands but that means replacing 8 heaters which will be expensive.

the older ones are great. i have a ton of them. marineland was sold and these newer ones including the pros i just dont think are up to par. while i think it exploding is very rare i do think there is a real problem from temps being 6+ degrees off over heating i think some of the claims. normally here and there i would just chock it up to a bad one out of the batch. in the last couple months i have seen more people have problems with new stealthes then all the years i been using them.

Was this a 200 watt? I just bought a 100 watt today for my new tank - it's still in the box... tempted to take it back now.

i still use a bunch of them too just not the new ones. i am glad i stocked up i guess. i am not sure where to look next or where to point people to anymore.

Was this a 200 watt? I just bought a 100 watt today for my new tank - it's still in the box... tempted to take it back now.

No I bought two 250 watts for the big tank. I will continue to use the heaters it's just not cost effective now to switch so I'll hope for the best

No I bought two 250 watts for the big tank. I will continue to use the heaters it's just not cost effective now to switch so I'll hope for the best

Well, I am going to return the Stealth that I bought yesterday (still in box - actually it's still in the car ;)) and get a different brand. I have a couple brand choices - EHEIM Jager Aquarium Heater or Hydor Theo Aquarium Heaters. Which would you go with or are they both good brands?

Ive had one for 3 years and it works great so far. I have switched to jager and via aquas and have one 250w stealth left again its atleast 3 years old. One thing I dont like is there is no indicator light on them.

heck last week one of my trionics exploded in one of my tanks.

I know people hate glass heaters , but I used my Visi-therm for years without the first problem until , like all things mechanical that are in continuous use , the thermostat went out . With no other option I bought an Aqueon Sub. heater the first of Feb. and it has been rock solid (knock on wood) so far .

Has anybody noticed any problems with the Visitherms yet? I've got one, and its been rock solid so far, but so are many other things that break...

I have a 150 watt Visitherm in my 30g with no problems. Probably been about two years or more I've had it.

Contacted Marineland this morning regarding the heater. They state there is no issues at this time with the Stealth Pro line. But they are sending me a replacement heater and they said since a newer product they want to inspect my old one to determine what would have caused this. They were very friendly,courteous,and apologetic which was a nice.

Contacted Marineland this morning regarding the heater. They state there is no issues at this time with the Stealth Pro line.
Thats what they told me as well. They may have just not had enough to actually say that it is a known issue. I hope this is just a fluke. Im glad they're not fighting you about it and willingly replacing it :)

Wow...Never saw that happen before. I never had the Stealth heater but I have had several Vistatherms and had very few issues.

Update on heater

I know this is a older thread that I wanted to update. I never recieved my Stealth Pro heaters but instead Marineland sent out 4 Visitherms to replace the Stealths. Today I called to see why and Marineland has backordered and stop shipping all Stealths until October admitting they are having a problem. I just wanted to pass this on to warn everyone about the problem.

Very interesting. Looks like they let the cat out of the bag finally. I have a 250watt visitherm and I have had no issues with it for a couple years now (if it's any consolation).

Back
Top Bottom