Looking for a betta novice and/or expert to answer my question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K I have a four foot fifty gallon tank with 12 or 13 tetras at the moment my goal is at least 40 it also has a pleco... A catfish of some sort... And I'm trying to grow plants.. I have one Walmart apon growing and a Lilly and possibly another apon just about to sprout...
Now I know it's iffy wether a betta would work in this tank because it depends on wether or not it's as temperamental as some can be.. But I wanted to try it... So my question is would a female be better than a male since it has smaller find to get nipped or would the aggression of a male help him stand his own... I never got into bettas but I wants a centerpiece fish with. Color.... Ease give mm

Male Bettas tand to stay near the surface, females not so much. Both like a tank with lots f floating plants. My male Betta likes to hang out near the filter output. A Male Betta is an easy target for a fin nipper so be careful what kind of fish (no mean Barbs or Cichlids) you put him with.

julielover said:
Male Bettas tand to stay near the surface, females not so much. Both like a tank with lots f floating plants. My male Betta likes to hang out near the filter output. A Male Betta is an easy target for a fin nipper so be careful what kind of fish (no mean Barbs or Cichlids) you put him with.

It will be just a lot of Terra's (tummy nose, penguin, etc will that be ok?

Back
Top Bottom