Looking for a light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamERER

Aquarium Advice Regular
My light in my 150 gallon african cichlid aquarium just burnt out! I would like some advice on what type of light I should buy. I want one that will bring out the color in my fish but still keep the algea levels down. THX

About 40$ all I need is the light bulb. Its a 48 inch light too.

In that case, I would just go to Home Depot or Lowes and find a bulb that fits. If this tank is fish-only, I would get soft white: if you have plants and fish, I would get a 5000K (daylight) bulb.

You may consider an aquatic bulb. Assuming it's t8 something like this: A1587 40-Watt Aqua-Glo Fluorescent Bulb, 48-Inch

Ok I may buy that. I just searched it up and there only 13$. Thank you.

Ok I may buy that. I just searched it up and there only 13$. Thank you.
You may find that it gives you better color, brings out tropical fish colors. I used these when I had fluorescent fixtures. You will also find these type of bulbs at big box pet stores and I've seen aquatic bulbs at H Depot as well.

You may want to verify that it's a t8 bulb.

https://www.bluestonehockley.com/qu...-t5-or-led-lighting-for-commercial-buildings/

(Scroll down to "definition of bulbs, fluorescent)

If you want more light you can buy these fixtures at HD for $12 and two t12 aquatic bulbs to fit them for just under your 40 dollar budget, but you will need to find a way to mount them. Amazon has "zoomed" (reptile) light stands.

1491418259630.jpg

Back
Top Bottom