Looking for a new addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 gal tank with two walls full of green algae, I was wondering what is a good fish to have to take care of it? I was a fish that's active also. I have 5 neon tetras and 2 guppies and I plan on getting a pair of rams. Any suggestions?

I feel like that may be a bit small for rams but i dont know much about them

For the snails, I have a old but it has a huge hole in the back and I don't want the snails to escape so I'm looking for something that won't jump or get out of water

I know rams have nothing to do with algae I just like them, but are there different type of ottos? And do they eat plants? I do have a few plants in the tank as well

Otos dont eat plants that i know of, but they are very sensitive and have a high death rate. FYI

Oh ok well the tank is run off of a sponge filter for baby guppies when they arrive and I think I'm going to add another one just to be sure and I do 2.5 gal water changes a week

I'd up your water changes to 5 gal (25 %) at least, but on a tank so small why not change more like 50%?
I'm not sure on the minimum tank size requirements because they get to about 4 inches, but my BN pleco keeps my tank spotless. I just can't remember if they would do well in a 20.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes they do need driftwood, but it doesn't have to be a very large piece.

Is he active? I want an active tank, my 55 is not that active unless I'm feeding but the twenty so far is pretty active

He's shy, certainly not swimming around all the time like the tiger barbs. Their nocturnal, so during the day they aren't super active.

Back
Top Bottom