Looking for a Scacenger..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

virus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody,

i was wondering if there was any cool scavenger like bottomfeeder, or sumthing like a plec or cory that got like 3-4 inches max? im looking to put iot with tetras, oh and a sepret question, can i put 1 betta with my tetras? im looking twords colorful tetras like cardnals and neons etc. is their any way?

bettas and tetras don't mix. They will harass your betta and he will have no fins :(

As for cool bottomfeeders.... any of the freshwater shrimps are fun, check out the plecos and cories at liveaquaria.com... they are overpriced but are usually correct on size and needs of fish. I suggest a bulldog pleco they are tons of fun. Otos stay very small and are great. there is a pitbull pleco which is different than the bulldog. It stays very small as well and I have heard it is a wonderful addition to any tank.

The important thing to remember with plecos is that some get enormous while others remain small so check the max size. Cories are happier in groups. Otos are very sensitive and should only be in a well established tank.

well does anyone know of some bottom feeders for a just started cycling tank, with 6 danios a sand bottom and its just right for 29 gal? lol i know i probably wont get anything, and i know its more than i need in a new cycling tank, becasue my danios will fluxiuate on how much they eat! like some days they will eat like 2 pinches and others 4 and they never eat whats floating on the bottom :p so if anyone has any comments they are appreciated!

but do any of these guys have a tolerance to my cycling fish tank, becasue thats my main prob. i mean i dont think cories are hardy enogh and i never delt with plecos

Wait until the tank cycles. The excess food missed by the danios is only helping the tank to cycle. I would say the smaller plecos would not be tolerate of a cycling tank. However, once the tank is cycled, pygmy cories are wonderful, as are the various dwarf plecos.

I agree with Menagerie here. The cories will be too sensative for the cycling process, same with the otos, and any pleco will overload the biosystem plus all the fresh veggies they'd need.

Back
Top Bottom