Looking for a silver betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meagan.Marie

Aquarium Advice Activist
ANy ideas where I could get one. I am in the middle of no where so If i go somewhere I would like to know that even if they dont have a silver one they would have something Kool. If not silver I want a yellow one. I think it would be fun or a black one.

But wherever I go I would like to make sure they have a fairly good variety I am from central Il and willing to drive anywhere that's not up by chicago or down by carbondale. Any suggestions.

Try Aquabid.com, they have a nice selection of bettas, you will find some interesting ones on there ;) Or if you dont want to order online, check out a local petco, they sell some pretty nice ones.

Hmm, I've never seen or heard of a silver one, but it wouldn't surprise me if they exist. The new varieties just keep coming.

Yellow used to be unheard of, but is now not that hard to find. Black is also out there, but harder to find.

Post a photo if you find one!

My dad is going to help me hunt I had a silver one when I was little I named it pearl. haha but I kept it in one of those "betta habitats" it lived for two year... Idk how but it did.

I think I will try petco. I don't really want to buy anything online. I don't want to stress the little fishy out in shipping.

Fish are shipped to the stores. It's no different. I ship fish all over the country. The biggest drawback to Aquabid for bettas is that most of the really cool ones come from Thailand and you have to pay a transshipper to bring them over to the states.

Chain stores treat their bettas terribly in the majority of cases. Purchasing bettas from a chain store only encourages them to keep doing business the same way.

Agree
If you look for a beautiful betta, buying online could give you a better and happier fish versus a big chain.
Some LFS are better for sure.

Well I got my bright pink veiltail betta at a LFS she is a sweetheart. the lady not the fish the fish is a male I named him Merlin. Anyways I am going to talk to her tomorrow to see if she could get one for me from her supplier next time she orders because her fish always come in great condition :) plus the closest petco is like an hour and a half away

That's great. I think we should always support non-box type stores.

Back
Top Bottom