Looking for a yellow freshwater fishy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffruth

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any thoughts as to a type of fish that would get along with tetras and is predominantly yellow in color?? I have blue, red, black already and I would like to see some yellow as I think it would be a nice contrast.

Cheers

There are very pretty yellow platies, like the gold twinbar. There are also yellow guppies and mollies.
There are also lemon tetras.
:)

Honey Gouramis are awesome. Small, and not aggressive while not having the health problems of their Dwarf counterparts.

Blonde Guppies, Gold Neon Tetras, are the two first yellow community fish that jump to my mind for yellow friendly fish. If you are willing to take a risk, there is also the possibility of adding a yellow colour morphed Betta (you'd have to watch to make sure the Betta doesn't get picked on too much by the tetras though since tetras are known fin nippers). If not any of those, you could look at Blue Eye Forktail Rainbow fish.

Gold gourami have a nice yellow color but only keep one in a tank they are generally not nice to each other when there is more than one per tank.

Back
Top Bottom