Looking for advice on additions to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gal with 3 clown loach,
4 albino tiger barbs,
And 1 rainbow shark.
New to aquariums so want advice on what to
add for a happy beautiful tank

Hi Dnc,
How about say 4x golden panchax ?
Your current stock appear to be bottom and middle occupants, so panchax are a good addition as they stay near the surface more. I don't think the other fish would bother them, they are quick enough to stay out of trouble anyway. You would need an enclosed lid though, panchax often jump out of the water ! Did you miss out mentioning the plec ? If you don't have one, plec's are a must, they eat algae so keep the tank glass clean too. The 'bristlenose' variety grows to around 100 - 125mm (4-5 inch) and nothing bothers it ! Decoration is important too, a piece of bog-wood is good, the plec would like it (also your clown loaches). I can hardly wait to see the pictures ! (hint) :)

I would ditch the clown loaches, as they'll grow way too large. The rainbow shark could eventually cause problems as well, with aggression.

I agree, the clown loach get way too big even for a 55g, they really need rehoming you could get 6 more tigers, a small school would look great, they are constantly on the move. Some cories of your chice would be fine with tiger barbs. maybe some dwarf cichlids, Kribensis or Rams. I'm pretty sure you'll get more suggestions later.

Pete

I'm on board with re-homing the Clowns. You could try a school of Green tiger barbs, to get some color in the tank. If you get a big enough school, they'll be alright. I'd say 6 or so.

Thanks to everybody for the tips. What size tank would be necessary for my clowns

Back
Top Bottom