Looking For New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cFolks24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 15g column that's lightly planted with a driftwood type ornament in the center. I currently have goldfish (which I really enjoy) but they are my little brothers and he is wanting them back. SO any suggestions on some fun different types of fish? I like bright colors and lots of movement.

I have a 15g column that's lightly planted with a driftwood type ornament in the center. I currently have goldfish (which I really enjoy) but they are my little brothers and he is wanting them back. SO any suggestions on some fun different types of fish? I like bright colors and lots of movement.

Get a blue lobster. They are awesome pets and a blast to watch! Just make sure your lid is on tight! They are escape artists! You could probably even throw in like 5 -8 danios too. They are fast, top swimmers so they won't get messed with too much!

I've never thought of putting in a lobster! That sounds interesting. I also was thinking dwarf gouramis with some kind of tetra or non nipping barb

I honestly wouldn't put a Crawfish (large ones like Electric Blue, white or tangerine) in a 15 column. They like (and need) lots of space to roam and explore. The smallest tank id say they could be housed in is a 30 gallon, a 40 gallon breeder is an excellent size for them. NOW--> You could easily do a nice group of Mexican Dwarf Crawfish! They're awesome little guys that roam around and are awesome to watch! I'd definitely move the Goldfish out as they can get *very* large. If it's a comet goldfish then it will become massive! Other fish options you may want to consider would be: small Pencil Fish, some smaller Gouramis like the Licorice & Sparkling Gourami, Peacock Gudgeons, Badis Badis & Dario Dario. These look far better than Zebra Danios IMO but hey we all have our different tastes! Now you could only get some of these fish if you removed the Goldfish.

Sent from my iWishiHadaPhone using Aquarium Advice

How about a school of neon or cardinal tetras? A lot of colour for your coin.

And some red cherry shrimp perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Back
Top Bottom