Looking for new water conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking for a water conditioner that does all the same things that Prime does. Are NovAqua Plus or Amquel+ good choices?

I think I read a comment by Autumnsky once that Amquel+ binds some minerals needed in the tank and can cause problems with long term use???

Potluck: I don't like the smell of Prime

Seachem makes a product called Safe. From what I understand, it is a more concentrated, dry version of Prime. Can't comment on the smell, though I would not think crystals would have any.

Just don't sniff it ? Once it's in the tank there shouldn't be a smell ?

Prime is the first choice of most experienced aquarists. Also costs less in the long run. Safe is über concentrated. A tiny bit goes a LONG WAY. Used for ponds and big tanks or for those with MTSyndrome.

It does smell terrible for the three seconds between the bottle and the tank, but I'm willing to suck it up for those three seconds.

I honestly wouldn't trust anything else, I have many things for my tank that smells but its for the well being of my fish and plants, and after put in the water the Smell goes away.

Prime
Ferts for my plants
Melafix just in case
Even the food stinks not to mention the blood worms

Just don't sniff it ? Once it's in the tank there shouldn't be a smell ?

Prime is the first choice of most experienced aquarists. Also costs less in the long run. Safe is über concentrated. A tiny bit goes a LONG WAY. Used for ponds and big tanks or for those with MTSyndrome.

Hah, agreed. Unfortunately there are some things that we have to deal with. OP, you could consider getting an N95 mask (maybe $2-3 from a local construction shop) if you really find the smell that repulsive.

Shhhhhhshhhhh now, prime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hah, agreed. Unfortunately there are some things that we have to deal with. OP, you could consider getting an N95 mask (maybe $2-3 from a local construction shop) if you really find the smell that repulsive.
Cheaper option clothes pin

Back
Top Bottom