Looking for suggestions 125 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyleallen22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone getting the final stages of my new house setup now and am about to finalize the setup on my 260 cichlid “community”
tank. I’ve been growing the slow growing and more peaceful fish out in a 75 gallon while moving and getting the house ready and and am at the stage now where I will be transitioning them over.

Started with 7 red headed tapajos Geophagus and a gold nugget pleco, added 2 EBA 2 firemouths over time and just got 6 1.5 inch severums this month that will all be transferring to the 260 gallon. After the tank is stable I also plan on adding 2 blood parrots and small school of silver dollars.

That being said fish tank fever and me being impulsive bit a little hard this week and I’ve come into possession of two 125 gallon tanks for a price I couldn’t refuse.

I have absolutely no plans for them, although I would like one of them to be planted. That being said I want to know what you the community would do! If it was your 125s what would you put in them? The only rule is one will be planted the other will be a blank slate.

Currently have my 260 cichlid community, a 10 gallon shrimp and tetra tank, and a 55 gallon quarantine. I will be turning my 75 gallon into a flowerhorn tank.

I look forward to your suggestions!

If i suddenly came into the possession of one of your 125g tanks, i would probably go with congo tetras and work around that. Maybe some mid sized loaches and a mid sized pleco.

If i suddenly came into the possession of one of your 125g tanks, i would probably go with congo tetras and work around that. Maybe some mid sized loaches and a mid sized pleco.

Took your advice on the tetras, I had 10 but lost 3 to ich. Growing my cichlids out here but they will be going in my 260 in the next month or so.

https://streamable.com/or1qwi

Plan on adding some angels and loaches after the other cichlids are transferred. I also want to add more Congo’s and some live plants.

Back
Top Bottom