looking for suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kota

Aquarium Advice Regular
ForumRunner_20120912_034054.jpg

This is my 29 gal female/fry guppy tank. I also have two peppered cories(?my best guess) and an algae eater in here. it has a mix of live and artificial plants in it but looks too sparse for my taste. Any suggestions for this one?

ForumRunner_20120912_034350.jpg

This is my 10 gallon male guppy tank. It also has 3 peppered cories(again,not entirely sure), my gf's soul surviving panda cory, and an algae eater. would also like suggestions for this one as well.

Any suggestions are appreciated. ^.^

The 29 gallon, I would paint the background black or at least put something up in the back that's black. I'd make it look really natural. I'd add more rocks and stack them, I would add a really nice piece of driftwood and take out the skeleton head.

I just like the natural look.

I do too and im a rock hound. Lol i want to put some geodes i dug up and cut in it. But im afraid of sharp edges/harmful chemicals... :(

kota said:
I do too and im a rock hound. Lol i want to put some geodes i dug up and cut in it. But im afraid of sharp edges/harmful chemicals... :(

I would stick with things you know are safe. I'm not a plant guy though...

I'd like to see a nice piece of driftwood in there.

I see you have a Crypt Wendtii (looks like Red) in there. As far as plants go, Crypts like that will do just fine in there. Crypts are my favorite and you can get great variety with them. I'll see if I can upload pics of my 29 and 10s!

*EDIT* actually, just search my thread Evolutions Of My Tanks if you want. Maybe that can give you some ideas?

I have a piece im considering from a friend. Only problem is i believe it came from the ocean and might not sink...

However i do know that completely clear geodes are fine but i still run into problems with sharp edges. Also they have a sticky clay on them that im afraid will cloud the water/raise the ph. Of course i can clean them with my dremmel.

kota said:
I have a piece im considering from a friend. Only problem is i believe it came from the ocean and might not sink...

However i do know that completely clear geodes are fine but i still run into problems with sharp edges. Also they have a sticky clay on them that im afraid will cloud the water/raise the ph. Of course i can clean them with my dremmel.

The problem with the geodes is that I, personally, have no idea what their interaction with water will be. As in, what they will release into the water. Then again, I'm a plant guy :D

Predfan27 said:
I see you have a Crypt Wendtii (looks like Red) in there. As far as plants go, Crypts like that will do just fine in there. Crypts are my favorite and you can get great variety with them. I'll see if I can upload pics of my 29 and 10s!

*EDIT* actually, just search my thread Evolutions Of My Tanks if you want. Maybe that can give you some ideas?

I knew it was a crypt just not which one. I also have a dwarf lily and corkscrew grass. As far as i can tell. My gf is the one with the green thumb. If u couldn't tell my plants need some tlc...

kota said:
Are those plants easy to maintain? id like low maintenance plants

Crypts. Crypts are mostly low light plants. They come in a great variety of colors, shapes, sizes, and textures. They are always great choices.

Being as they are my favorite plant, lemme know if you have any questions on them!

Predfan27 said:
Crypts. Crypts are mostly low light plants. They come in a great variety of colors, shapes, sizes, and textures. They are always great choices.

Being as they are my favorite plant, lemme know if you have any questions on them!

Well i moved my betta over. And he seems kinda scared. Id like a few floating plants or tall ones he could hide in. Any recommendations?

kota said:
Well i moved my betta over. And he seems kinda scared. Id like a few floating plants or tall ones he could hide in. Any recommendations?

I use Riccia (Riccia Fluitans). You can float some Java Moss too but Riccia floats better :)

You can usually float stem plants too, I have some Pennywort floating in my Shrimp tank and they love it :) also doesn't require a huge amount of lighting as I supply that 5.5g tank with just a desk lamp.

Back
Top Bottom